School meals, which continue to be some of the healthiest meal options for students, feature kid-approved foods and are an important part of the learning day!
New for the 2022–2023 school year, we are using MySchoolBucks! Create a free MySchoolBucks account to securely add money to your account, view cafeteria purchases, and check the balance.
Our kitchens can provide many alternative options based on dietary restrictions. Please contact the Food Service Director with any special requirements.
2022–2023 School Lunch Program Information
What you need to know:
- For the 2022-23 school year, breakfast will cost $1.50, and lunch will cost $3.50 at the elementary schools and $3.75 for secondary students.
- Unfortunately, the nationwide waivers for federally funded meal programs for all were not renewed for the 2022-2023 school year. However, free or reduced-priced meals are still available to students who qualify for these benefits. Regardless of family situations, all students are encouraged to dine in the cafeteria together.
- Families experiencing financial hardship should continue to complete the Free/Reduced price lunch application (at any school building or by clicking here Application - English, Application - Spanish.
- It is strongly encouraged that all students and staff enroll in MySchoolBucks, but cash will now be accepted at all schools.
- Student PIN Numbers to be used at registers will be emailed to parents.
Should you have any questions or concerns about our food service program please contact our Food Service Director Ms. Jackie Houatchanthara at Jhouatchanthara@mtplcsd.org or 914- 769-5500 ext. 1890.
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
Children from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible for free meals or reduced price meals. To apply for free or reduced price meals, please read the guidelines and submit a Direct Certification letter from the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance OR complete the application below, sign and return it to Stefanie Flynn, Mount Pleasant CSD, 825 Westlake Drive, Thornwood, New York 10594.
- Annual Parent Letter 2022–2023
- Income eligibility Guidelines 2022–2023
- 2022–2023 Application - English
- 2022–2023 Application - Spanish
Summer Meals Program
The USDA provides information regarding Summer breakfast and lunch programs for students in need when school is not in session. To find Summer Meals:
- Call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273)
- Text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877
- Visit the USDA Food and Nutrition Service website